Monday, May 28, 2012

Product Review-Ouidad Double Detangler


Name: Ouidad Double Detangler

Ingredients: n/a 

Price: $24

Where To Buy: Ouidad or Sephora

Product Promise: This next generation tool is designed by Ouidad to slide through your curls without the ripping or tugging.**

Review: When I first received the double detangler I thought it would be difficult to use because it was a lot heavier than any other tool I have used to detangle my hair. I was use to detangling my hair in several small sections so when using the Ouidad Double Detangler for the first time I approached detangling my hair the same way. The comb felt too "massive" for these small sections of hair. I detangled my entire head as normal but once the task was complete I was in no way impressed with the double detangler. So the next week I decided to approach detangling my hair differently in an effort to put this tool to the test. My hair is kinky but fine with densely packed strands that are tightly coiled. I separated my hair in just SIX sections, applied ReVe Essentials Hair & Body Moisturizer to each section and then went to work. I started in the back of my hair as I always do where my hair is more 3c/4aish so when the double detangler slide through these sections with no problem I was like ok, nice but no big deal. Welllllllllll, when this bad mamma jamma detangled the four sections in the middle and front of my hair in one pass I was completely sold. I have NEVER been able to detangle my hair in six sections with only one pass. It probably only took me less than 10 minutes to detangle my whole head. Now this may be the normal detangling time for some but not for me. Detangling my hair use to the be one thing I hated about wash day. Don't get me wrong, it's still not my favorite thing but I no longer dread the task because the Ouidad Double Detangler cuts down on time and difficulty. 

Summary: I totally love this tool and would definitely recommend it to others. The price may deter others from buying it but I definitely think its worth the investment if your hair is difficult to detangle. This is now my detangling tool of choice and I'm so happy I was introduced to it!

Rating: 5 out of 5




**information obtained from Ouidad's website

Disclaimer: I was given this product solely for the purpose of completing this review. I was NOT paid or encouraged to provide a positive review. I have given an honest description of my experience with these products and I am in no way responsible for your experience with the product and/or company. 

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking at this comb for at least a year, thinking about buying it. I have kinky hair and I want a tool to help w/detangling a little more. I may go ahead and pick it up now. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be willing to try it but it is pricey. Not all tools work for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. Before we jump on the "next best" thing that we all have to have. Did you know you can take rows out of your Denman brush? I thought I would have to look for another de-tangling tool then I realized I could take out rows..so I took out ever other row. Now it is fine. I am not sure I want to dump $24 or more into a comb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I own 2 denman brushes and although I have the option to remove rows it does not detangle my hair as easy as the double detangler. I enjoy them I just prefer this one better.
      I completely understand not wanting to pay $24 for the comb...no worries! You have to use what works for you!

      Delete