Saturday, November 19, 2011

TKK Natural Hair Spotlight-Angela Allen

What is your name and where are you from?
Angela Allen from Dayton, Oh

 

How long have you been natural?
I have been proudly natural for 21 months and counting!!!


Why did you decide to go natural?
My Natural hair journey began while I was pregnant with my daughter Zaina (now almost 2 yrs old). I decided to STOP getting relaxers, my hair was overly processed and thinning out! As I began to transition the stares and comments started to come full circle..”What’s wrong with your hair?” “You need to perm your hair!” And the most devastating of all is these words came from black men and women! I was really discouraged but I had a deeper reason as to why I wanted to STOP the creamy crack, I was having a little Goddess and I knew she would look up to me and imitate me…I wanted to be at my very best for her and show her how beautiful our Natural beauty is!
My journey to become a healthier, more happier me consisted of many critical decisions…I had to eat better, think better, surround myself with better people…I had to DO better!


What is your hair type and how would you describe it (kinky, curly, wavy, spirally, etc)?
I don't type my hair! Its kinky, curly, wavy, spirally...it kinda depends on her mood, lol!


What is your hair care regimen?
My hair loves water, shea butter and castor oil, a daily rotation of all these keep my curls happy! Oh and a handy satin bonnet every night!


What are your favorite hair products?
I am a Shea Moisture Junkie, I love their products! I very recently started my own Products Line titled Be Beautiful Natural Products our mission is to Restore Your Inner and Outer Beauty...we carry Haircare, Skincare and Aromatherapy Products, we cater to the entire family!


What has been your experience as a natural? Good, bad, or ugly? How has it affected you?
Liberating, Joyful, Wonderful and one of the best decisions I have ever made! I Love every minute of it!  

What is an important piece of advice you would give to a newly natural?
For all the newly naturals…don’t fret over the stares or comments, going Natural is a journey well worth it! And always remember…GOD never makes mistakes and our Natural hair is no exception!!

Do you have a blog or website where we can find you?
Of course, lol...I am a Empowerment Speaker, Holistic Health Consultant, Product Maker, Blogger, Natural Hair Enthusiast and Student of Life!
Please check out my Fb pages at: www.facebook.com/BeBeautifulNaturalProducts
www.facebook.com/NaturallyMeBeautifullyPage



Thank you Angela!!

If you are interested in being featured in TKK Spotlight please email me at: TheKinkyKhronicles@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment