Monday, February 13, 2012

Product Review-Original Moxie

A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to choose 4 products from the Original Moxie line to try and write a review on. After much consideration I chose Get Clean!, Intense Quench, Lux Locks, and  Hair Bling. I was so excited to try products from this line as I've heard nothing but great things. In order to provide an accurate review I used nothing but the four products I was given from start to finish on my hair. Below I have provided the ingredients, product promise, review, and rating of each product. Enjoy!!



Get Clean!

Name: Get Clean! No-Foam Shampoo


Ingredients: Distilled Water; Aqueous Extracts of Amla, Bhringraj, Neem, Red Sandalwood, Rosehips, Soapnut,  St. John’s Wort, Tumeric, & Yucca; Coco Betaine; Decyl polyglucoside;  Sodium PCA; Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol; Karanja Oil; Wheat Germ Oil; Vegetable Glycerin; Mango Alfonso; Banana; Organic Aloe Vera; Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol  (Paraben & Formeldahyde-Free Preservative); Silk Amino Acids; Hydrolyzed Soy Protein; Acacia Gum; Guar Gum;  Dead Sea Salt; dL-Panthenol; Vitamin E; Essential Oils of Cedar Leaf, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lime, Litsea Cubeba, & Palmarosa.

Product promise: A sulfate-free shampoo that takes a gentler approach, harnessing the cleansing properties of botanicals to remove dirt & build up without disturbing your scalp's natural balance.

Review: This product definitely lived up to it's promise. After using Get Clean! my hair felt clean without feeling stripped of its natural oils. I did not pre-poo prior to cleansing and was happy to find out it was not necessary. Get Clean! provided excellent slip allowing me to detangle my hair with ease. I would recommend this product especially to those who have dry and sensitive scalp. Overall I really enjoyed this product however I didn't love the smell.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Intense Quench
Name: Intense Quench Deep Conditioner

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of Amla, Bhringraj, Comfrey, Ginger, Hibiscus, Horsetail, Irish Moss; Neem, St. John’s Wort, Strawberry, & Yucca; Distilled Water; Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol; Soy Wax; Fractionated Coconut Oil; Vegetable Glycerin; dL-Panthenol; Organic Aloe Vera; Hydrolyzed Soy Protein; Cyclomethicone; Dimethicone; Wheat Germ Oil; Olive Oil Infused With Amla, Bhringraj, Burdock, Comfrey, Horsetail, Kelp, Neem, Stinging Nettle, & Yucca; CupuaƧu Butter; Sorbitol; Potassium Sorbate; Sodium PCA; Vegetable Glycerin; Polyquaternium-10; Citric Acid; Acacia Gum; Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (Paraben & Formeldahyde-Free Preservative); Menthol Crystals; Silk Amino Acids; Honey; Vitamin E; Essential Oils of Bergaptene-Free Bergamot, Coriander, Lavender, Lime, Litsea Cubea, & Palmarosa.

Product promise: A unique blend of botanicals, herbs, proteins and emollients that are nourishing from the inside out. Continued use will make hair will be stronger, fuller, and more vibrant.

Review: After cleansing my hair and scalp with Get Clean! I applied Intense Quench to my previously sectioned hair, covered with a plastic cap, and let it sit for 20-25 minutes. I then rinsed the product completely out of my hair. My hair felt soft but I can't say that I was wowed by this conditioner. The consistency was thinner than I prefer my deep conditioners to be. Although I had previously detangled and sectioned my hair, the Intense Quench did provide good slip and would have worked well if detangling was needed.

Rating: 3 out of 5

Lux Locks
Name: Lux Locks Styling & Shine

Ingredients: Distilled Water; Vegetable Glycerin; Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol; Soy Butter; Ucuuba Butter; Soy Wax; Olive Oil Infused With Amla, Bhringraj, Burdock, Comfrey, Horsetail, Kelp, Neem, Stinging Nettle, & Yucca; Jojoba Esters; Castor Oil; Organic Unrefined Shea Butter; Fractionated Coconut Oil; Beeswax; Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol  (Paraben & Formeldahyde-Free Preservative); HE-Cellulose; Polyquaternium-10; Organic Aloe Vera; Vitamin E; Essential Oils of Black Pepper, Clove, Rose, Rosewood, Vanilla (3% Dilution), & Ylang Ylang.

Product promise: A rich styling butter that delivers moisture, shine and definition, all in one delicious little package.

Review: I used the Lux Locks on twist that I would use to create a fab twist out. My hair totally loved this stuff and I loved the thick, creamy consistency. On dry hair I applied about a dime size amount of product to each section from root to tip focusing on my ends. It actually felt as if the product melted into each section. I let the twist set over night and then removed them the next morning. As promised Lux Locks provided moisture, shine, and definition to my hair. I was able to wear the same twist out for 5 days preserved by pineappling and retwisting only the small section of hair that frames my face. This is a great product that I would definitely recommend for us type 4 gals. 

Rating: 5 out of 5

Hair Bling


Name: Hair Bling High Shine Pomade

Ingredients: Jojoba Oil; Jojoba Esters; Mango Butter; Tucuma Butter; Beeswax; Stearic Acid; Vitamin E; Essential Oils of Bergaptene-Free Bergamot, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Lavender, Tangerine & Vanilla (3% Dilution).

Product promise: To deliver high shine along with amazing softness and subtle hold.

Review: After twisting my hair with Lux Locks I used the Hair Bling to seal in the moisture particularly on my ends. I also rubbed a small amount in my hands prior to taking down my twist to help prevent frizz. The results: shiny, soft twist. This product was highly recommended by several naturalistas and as many of them claimed Hair Bling was one of the top natural pomades. I really liked this product and the way it left my hair blinging. 

Rating: 5 out of 5


Here is a picture of my twist out on day 2, I LOVED the shine and definition!!


So I'm sure you are all wondering how you can get your hands on these products. Check out http://www.originalmoxie.com/ for a full list of products, pricing, and more. 






Disclaimer: I was given the above mentioned products solely for the purpose of completing this review. I was NOT paid or encouraged to provide a positive review. I have given an honest description of my experience with these products and I am in no way responsible for your experience with the product and/or company.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment