Sunday, January 15, 2012

TKK Natural Hair Spotlight-Monique Boea


What is your name and where are you from?
Monique Boea. I live in Atlanta by way of Upstate NY.

How long have you been natural?
2 years (November 9, 2009)

Why did you decide to go natural?
My desire to live a healthy, holistic lifestyle lead me to change the food I ate, the products I used and naturally (no pun intended) the perm had to go.


What is your hair type and how would you describe it (kinky, curly, wavy, spirally, etc)?
3A/B  and 2C in the lower back - Curly/Kinky

What is your hair care regimen?
My regimen is quite simple. I wash/deep condition once a week after which I either shingle or just do a wash and go with a styling gel. My new favorite one is the Via Natural Conditioning styling gel. I sleep in a plastic cap which keeps my hair moist throughout the night. In the AM, I remove the cap, shake and go. It takes 5 minutes. 


What are your favorite hair products?
Eco styling gel, via natural conditioning styling gel and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner. My hair doesn’t do well with oil based products so my product junky syndrome ended quickly. :-)

What has been your experience as a natural? Good, bad, or ugly? How has it affected you?
All Good! I have never looked back. I haven’t missed my perm at all. It has made me love who I am even more. I feel whole.

What is an important piece of advice you would give to a newly natural?
Find your hair type, and then find a popular youtuber that has the same hair type that you do and follow her regimens. It will save you TONS of time and money. She has it all figured out for you. Don’t try to make your hair look/do what it isn’t naturally. Get to know it, embrace it and love it!

Do you have a blog or website where we can find you?
www.kinkypeaches.net




Thanks for sharing Mo!





If you are interested in being featured in TKK Spotlight please email me at: TheKinkyKhronicles@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment