Saturday, January 7, 2012

TKK Natural Hair Spotlight-Romance Cox


Sew-in
What's your name and where are you from? 
Romance Cox, from Cleveland, Ohio

How long have you been natural?
Since November 1, 2011, I am a natural newbie!

Why did you decide to go natural?
I decide to go natural because my hair was damaged. My relaxer was being applied incorrectly which cause breakage and dryness. So I decided to start my transition by getting "silk press" and "protective styles" ( sew-ins and tree braids) for 9 months before I did my big chop.

What is your hair type and how would you describe it (kinky, curly, wavy, spirally, etc)?

My hair type is a 3B at the crown and 4A in the back. So i have a Curly-Kinky mixture going on...lol

What is your hair care regimen?
 I co-wash my hair every 3 days using Herbal Essences "Totally Twisted" conditioner followed by Giovanni Direct  Leave -in Conditioner.   Styling I use Eco Styler Styling Gel with Olive Oil and  Miss Jessie's Curling Pudding for coil twist and two strand twist. Lastly I sleep with a satin scarf and smooth my "baby hair" with Curls passion fruit curl control paste.

Products 

What are your favorite hair products?
I don't have a favorite product as of yet. since I am a natural newbie  I love trying new products and fun hair accessories. So you can call me a "product and accessory junkie"  ;-)

What has been your experience as a natural? Good, bad, or ugly? How has it affected you?
I LOVE being natural!! My experience thus far has been excellent. I have gotten very positive feedback from family, friends and complete strangers. Some have asked me questions on who did my hair and how to achieve my look. So I am always open to sharing my secrets but not without a brief disclosure " what works for me, may not work for you"

Relaxed
 
Post BC

What is an important piece of advice you would give to a newly natural?
Since I am a Newly Natural, I would say LOVE and Embrace the new you. Your journey will be amazing. Just be patience and make your style your own. ;)


Final thoughts or words of wisdom?
Love the woman you were born to be, No matter straight, wavy, curly or kinky just learn to LOVE yourself because "If you don't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else" -Rupaul


Thank you Romance!!! 


If you are interested in being featured in TKK Spotlight please email me at: TheKinkyKhronicles@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment