Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring 2012 Castor Oil Challenge

As many of you know I decided to do the Castor Oil Challenge hosted by Kinky Curly Coily Me!. My hair totally loves castor oil so I wasn't hesitant at all to participate in this challenge. While I'm not competing in the challenge for the prize I am documenting my growth and making sure I use the oil at least 3 times a week. For the challenge I will use both the Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil that I received from Oils From Jamaica

Here are photos showing the length of my hair on March 1, 2012. I did my best at measuring my hair and the measurements are as follows:
  • Back Left-7 inches
  • Back Right-7 inches
  • Front Left-6 1/4 inches
  • Front Right-6 1/4 inches
  • Front Center-7 1/2 inches
  • Crown-7 inches

Here are the two types of castor oil I will be using for the entire challenge. Both can be purchased from Oils From Jamaica at http://www.oilsfromjamaica.com/. Daily I use the regular JBCO mixed with EVCO as my sealant. I will use the same mix if I need to pre-poo at any time during the challenge. I've been using the Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil daily on my scalp. At least 3 times a week I have and will continue to do scalp massages after applying the growth oil to my scalp, focusing on my edges.


The first of each month I will take pictures and measurements of my hair and create a blog post to document my growth. I'm excited to see the results and would love to see yours so feel free to share on the page. Until April 1st...happy growing!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment