Sunday, March 4, 2012

TKK Natural Hair Spotlight-Tiffany Goodwin

What is your name and where are you from?
My name is Tiffany Goodwin, and I’m from Cleveland, OH

How long have you been natural?
I have been natural since August 2007; I remember this date because I just had my youngest child about 2 months before.

Why did you decide to go natural?
I really didn’t decide. My stylist, Ladosha Wright, basically convinced me into going natural.  After having my son I got back into the routine of going every two weeks, and every appointment I would say to her, “you think it’s time for a touch up?” and she would say “Do you think so?”  I would look at my hair and say, “I guess not really”, because it would really stay straight for like the whole two weeks.  My mother was already natural and going to the same stylist and I looked at her hair and thought maybe it wouldn’t be that bad and from there I guess that’s how I made my decision.

What is your hair type and how would you describe it (kinky, curly, wavy, spirally, etc)?
2C-wavy

What is your hair care regimen?
I usually wash my hair once a week, followed by blow drying and then flat ironing and applying dime size amount of olive oil through out the week.



What are your favorite hair products?
Mizani Purifying Shampoo, Mizani Scalp Care Conditioner, and olive oil

What has been your experience as a natural? Good, bad, or ugly? How has it affected you?
My experience has been good, my stylist has taught me many tricks to keep it straight and avoid frizziness.  I would have to say it has definitely has changed my hair for the better which give me more self-confidence.

What is an important piece of advice you would give to a newly natural?
Do what’s best for you and your hair.  Every technique may not work on your hair so don’t get discouraged.  And sometimes going natural may not be what’s best for you or your current situation.  Going natural really means you have to take the time to style your hair.

Do you have a blog, vlog, or website where we can find you?
I’m currently working on a blog spot where I’ll be sharing recipes, but that’s still a work in progress.  But I’m on FB and twitter.

Final thoughts or words of wisdom?
One tip: When natural to avoid frizziness when you shower or bath use a towel to wrap you hair, not a shower cap.  The plastic collects to steam that causes your hair to get frizzy, but the towel absorbs the moisture.


Thank you for sharing your story Tiffany!!


If you are interested in being featured in TKK Spotlight please email me at: TheKinkyKhronicles@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. By far one of the best straight hair naturals I have ever seen. Her hair is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete