Saturday, October 22, 2011

TKK Natural Hair Spotlight-Tiffany Hill

Relaxed
What is your name and where are you from?
Tiffany Hill from Cleveland, Ohio

How long have you been natural?
4 years and 8 months.

Why did you decide to go natural?
For the overall health of my hair and for versatility. I like the freedom of experimenting with color without worry and the ability to go from straight to curly.

What is your hair type and how would you describe it (kinky, curly, wavy, spirally, etc)?
3b/3c

What is your hair care regimen?
When its flat ironed I wash and condition with Matrix products and Design Essentials Deep Conditioner. I use a thermal protectant by Mizani before I blow dry.

When its curly I use a variety of products. I put olive oil in my spray bottle, I use Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner, as well as a spray conditioner during the week by Elasta QP for touch ups. For added moisture I use Pantene’s Moisturizer for natural hair. To get my curls, I use Elasta QP Silkening Gel and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel for my edges and the front of my hair. 

What are your favorite hair products?
I cannot live without my Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. It leaves my hair still soft, but provides excellent curls and waves!!
When its straight I live by Redken Glass 101 to give the shine and moisture it needs without it being too heavy.
FroHawk
Flat Ironed

What has been your experience as a natural? Good, bad, or ugly? How has it affected you?
My experience as a natural has been great. I have always been a person to push the envelope, so I always get a kick out of people’s reaction to my hair, especially in the professional environment that I work in.  I am known as a person who “always looks different” my hair is never the same (so they tell me) especially during the summer months. I love being natural in the summer, because the humidity and heat no longer hold me hostage. I am free to be and live and to do whatever I want and no longer have to worry about my hair getting frizzy, puffy or most of all wet!! I LOVE IT! This has also been fun as my mother, my aunt, my sister, niece and most of my first cousins are natural. We have held our own natural hair summits where we exchange ideas, techniques and products. It has bought us closer together. 

What is an important piece of advice you would give to a newly natural?
Do it for yourself and no one else! If it feels right to you, do it, embrace it and love it and yourself! 75% of being natural is about confidence. If you feel that you are fly, you are! If you don’t then you won’t be!
Most of all, you have to experiment! You have to try a lot of products and techniques to find out what works for your hair. Every one is different. Don’t rely on someone else's experience to define your own.

Do you have a blog, vlog, or website where we can find you?
Nope, I leave that to folks like you ;-)


Thank you Tiffany!!! 



If you are interested in being featured in TKK Spotlight please email me at: TheKinkyKhronicles@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment