Saturday, October 1, 2011

TKK Natural Hair Spotlight-Kellie Thomas

What's your name and where are you from?
Kellie Thomas, originally from Cleveland, Ohio currently in Washington, D.C.

How long have you been natural?
Since November 2010

Why did you decide to go natural?
I LOVE to cut a rug! I LOVE to swim! I was tired of not being able to do the things I love because of my perm. I honestly wanted to be free!!


What is your hair type and how would you describe it (kinky, curly, wavy, spirally, etc)?
Most of my hair is 3B but my crown is 4A. I would describe my hair as curly. One of my homeboys actually calls me his "curly boo"! LOL!
Pre-Big Chop

What is your hair care regimen?
I cowash every week, wash my hair twice a month and do an avocado treatment every month. I use my spray conditioner and seal it with coconut oil everyday.

Big Chop day w/CaShawn Thompson
What are your favorite hair products?
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk
  • Dr. Bonner's Organic Peppermint Liquid Soap
  • TRESemme Flawless Curls Moisturizing Conditioner
  • Peppermint oil
  • Organic Coconut oil
What has been your experience as a natural? Good, bad, or ugly? How has it affected you?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I just hate that it took me so long to go natural. I've had nothing but positive feedback. It was a struggle getting into my regiment  but once I found my rhythm, I was good to go!

What is an important piece of advice you would give to a newly natural?
Join a support group. Get as many tips as you can. Understand that all products are not for everyone but don't get discouraged. It's all about trial and error. It is sooo worth the effort though. Just keep at it.

Do you have a blog, vlog, or website where we can find you?
http://about.me/KellieC and http://lilsoso.com


Thanks Kells!!

If you are interested in being featured in TKK Spotlight please email me at: TheKinkyKhronicles@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment